Our veterinary clinics are interested in hiring a Veterinary Assistant to assist in the care of our animal patients (dogs and cats). The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up exam rooms, assisting during surgical procedures to ensure patients’ safety, feeding and exercising the animals under our care, ensuring the cleanliness of the facility, filling prescriptions, and monitoring patients post-surgery.
If you love animals and are committed to providing high-quality care, we hope you’ll apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Veterinarian with routine patient appointments and surgical procedures
- Assist in collecting and preserving laboratory samples to run in-house or send off-site for more comprehensive testing
- Collect and preserve laboratory samples to send offsite for more comprehensive testing
- Perform ultrasound examinations based on the instructions and under the guidance of the attending Veterinarian
- Ensure proper sterilization and storage of equipment
- Prepare appointment rooms before scheduled patient visits
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Vet Assistants must communicate compassionately and appropriately with doctors, clients, and other staff
- Physical strength: Must be able to lift and handle animals easily.
- Problem-solving skills: Vet Assistants need to be able to consider all of the available information and draw valid conclusions about an animal’s condition.
- Valid Veterinary Assistant Certification preferred
- 1-year of in-clinic experience as a Veterinary Assistant preferred
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Retention bonus eligibility after 90 days
- IRA match eligibility after 90 days
- Flexible schedule·