Our veterinary clinics are interested in hiring a Veterinary Technician to assist in the care of our animal patients (dogs and cats) and to spend time teaching junior staff how to perform essential veterinary functions. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up exam rooms, assisting during surgical procedures to ensure patients’ safety, feeding and exercising the animals under our care, ensuring the cleanliness of the facility, and monitoring patients post-surgery.
If you love animals and are committed to providing high-quality care, we hope you’ll apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Veterinarian with routine patient appointments and surgical procedures
- Collect and preserve laboratory samples to send offsite for more comprehensive testing
- Perform ultrasound examinations based on the instructions and under the guidance of the attending Veterinarian
- Collaborate with Veterinarians to develop training courses for staff members
- Ensure proper sterilization and storage of equipment
- Prepare appointment rooms before scheduled patient visits
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Communication skills: Vet techs must communicate with doctors, customers, and other staff. They must also communicate kindly with owners of ill or injured pets.
- Physical strength: They must be able to lift and handle animals easily.
- Problem-solving skills: Vet techs need to be able to consider all of the available information and draw valid conclusions about an animal’s condition.
- Compassion: Vet techs must treat animal patients kindly and also give kindness to the pets’ owners.
- Must possess a valid Veterinary Technician certification
- 2+ years’ experience as a Veterinary Technician preferred